Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New RX owner...

Not a primer grey, but a flat black one from a kid from Idaho! Kinda rough around the edges but everything in working order! (Almost) ;) it's gonna be my daily driver but also wanna pick up some missing parts like front bumper spoiler & some bits from the interior... All tips & help is appriciated :)

Edited by teamrx

My RX ran like a top, even after a fresh rebuild. Of course, it was alittle hi-perf rebuild, but it ran clean.

Failed 3 times, i ended up selling it as-is, but got a fair amount for it considering the work performed.

Anyhow, those are great cars. I was going to buy it and just drop a EJ2.2 in it, then worry about smogging it that way. With my experience in California with the EA series, I think the 2.2 swap & smog ref would be easier to get by.

Have you been to the local pick-n-pull off sunrise blvd? That maybe your best bet. There are a few other yards around, you may get lucky and find a RX in one of them but I would not hold my breath.

If you want to increase your luck, you can try the PnP in sparks Nevada or Carson City Nevada, they usually get the good stuff.