Ultimate Subaru Message Board

my first subby

hey everyone,

Just bought my first subby about a month ago, an 86 GL-10 wagon. She only has 100000 miles on her and she lived most of her life in new mexico so virtually no rust! Having some funny problems though so i'll be hitting you guys up a lot for help.

Thanks

IMG_0017.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wow thats one clean EA82! And now its in IL Lol. well if you start with the proper precautions as soon as possable, you'll be able to keep it that way (Plus hand wax alot and clean the salt off it as much as possable)

Welcome to USMB, hope you have a good time here :)

-Tom

POR-15 the underside, that will keep it nice for a long long time. its not a sticky tar like undercoating. its like a paint but extreamly durable and made for this reason. also, any rust you do have, apply Rust-oliums "Rest remover" white bottle, can get it at autozone or any parts house. apply two coats and the rust turns black and solid as a rock. I was blown away how well this worked compaired to other Rust eaters. this is the best thing I have used. Will keep that Subaru on the road. :)

-Tom

Thanks for the warm welcome and tips everyone. I'm gonna take your advice on rust prevention.

I love her so far. Some little problems here and there I've (with a lot of help from USMB'ers) been trying to work out.

Thanks again and congrats to you too AR Design.