Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Nube Q: Where do you get part numbers?

Firstly, I apologize in advance for a pretty basic question. I'm not in the auto industry, I just work on my own to save, so I don't know where to look or the right things to ask sometimes.

I've searched and found many threads where users ask for part numbers. Where do you get the part numbers from? Where do you get the parts catalog? Is it only from the dealer? Is there anything available online?

Thanks in advance!

I have had good luck with this outfit..........AutoPartsWarehouse.com.

They don't use part numbers so much. They use part name, and have good pictures of the part next to the name.

Do a google search for foreign car parts. You will see a number of on line parts houses.

Ok guys, sorry to keep piling on the dumb questions here, but maybe this will serve others as well...

On opposedforces.com they have you choose from three options for the OBW:

B11 '93, October — '99, May

B12 '99, February — '06, April

B13 '03, November —

1. What does the B11 code stand for? I assume it's a manufacturing run or something like that.
  2. How do I know which model my car is? The FSM vin decoder doesn't give this info, and it only gives the manufacture year. I didn't see it anywhere on the car either. I could have overlooked it though.

Thanks again!

Ok guys, sorry to keep piling on the dumb questions here, but maybe this will serve others as well...

On opposedforces.com they have you choose from three options for the OBW:

B11 '93, October — '99, May

B12 '99, February — '06, April

B13 '03, November —

1. What does the B11 code stand for? I assume it's a manufacturing run or something like that.
  2. How do I know which model my car is? The FSM vin decoder doesn't give this info, and it only gives the manufacture year. I didn't see it anywhere on the car either. I could have overlooked it though.

Thanks again!

all legacy products, outbacks, GTs, LSi are "B"s.

all imprezas, outback sport, wrx, STi, RS, are "G"s.

the dates are manufacture dates. in older cars, before 97?, the manufacture date can be found on the door column between the front and rear driver doors. on newer cars, after 96?, the date tag is on the bottom of the driver door. it should also have the vin on it so you can make sure the door is original.