Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Jibs' EJ Brat

Jibs

Ya i pulled the front axles from the XT6 i took my 5 lug stuff from and they go right on to the trans I still have the brat in the air in my garage and haven't had a chance to see if i need to cut down the axles though (I'm afraid I will have to). How do I get that kit? Just e-mail him? and how much does it usually run?

I know they're longer I just need to know if EA82T axles have the same outer spline count as an xt6 axle. I found some info on the xt6 axles at empi.com, but they only list one axle for all the ea82's - 23 spline inner and 30 spline outer (or backwards I dont remember)

XT6 stubs are 25 spline, the same as EA82T stubs. Anything EA82 with SPFI uses 23 spline stubs same as EA81.

Inside yes they are the same. The xt6 outers are listed as being 27 spline on empi.com. Same for ea82's?

I'm not sure. I've never had an outer joint apart. but from the joint, out, they're very different.

I'm not 100% sure what you're doing, so let me clarify. you've got XT6 hubs and knuckles, and an RX trans. And you have a set of EA82t axles that you'd like to use. And either way, the axle has to be shortened to work with the EA81 track width.

If I'm understanding that correctly, I would say getting XT6 axles and having them shortened would be worth the extra effort. you'll need the XT6 outer joint/stub anyway, and the XT6 inners are already 25 spline.

I'm sorry in causing extra confusion here. Numbchux is correct in that I have xt6 knuckles and an rx trans. I have a set of ea82T axles already pulled. I have a set of xt6 axles in the parts car xt6 I have, but it'd be a little more work in removing them when the ea axles are already out. I might as well just remove the xt6 axles and have them worked on. Thanks for all the help. I really appreciate the responses.

So I've got my xt6 axles out and ready to ship out to have them modded to fit the brat, but my next question is on rebuilding them. I wasn't very nice when I removed the boots and cups and such and ended up using a BFH to get them off. Is it possible to order new axle parts online or do I have to go to pick and pull and buy new parts and do a rebuild?

• 3 months later...