Ultimate Subaru Message Board

All is well!!

Started on first crank. The HLA's are making lots of noise. LOTS. I have had that issue before, and after a couple hundred miles it went away. Hopefully this is the same or better.

I plan on doing an engine flush with MMO and then continue running my dino oil. Hope that will help some.

Other then that, the engine is easier to deal with now that the cruise control and AC stuff is gone.

Can't wait to get on the suspension next.

• 2 weeks later...

Have a few hundred miles on it now. No coolant loss, not much oil loss (It is still at 245k mile motor)

Seems to be running great, except for thing, my idle seems to be a bit low. The car vibrates more now then before and the idle in gear is around 500. Not the worst thing in the world but kind of annoying in traffic.

Any ideas?

Have a few hundred miles on it now. No coolant loss, not much oil loss (It is still at 245k mile motor)

Seems to be running great, except for thing, my idle seems to be a bit low. The car vibrates more now then before and the idle in gear is around 500. Not the worst thing in the world but kind of annoying in traffic.

Any ideas?

seafoam down the IAC tube or intake/iac cleaner!