Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wet feet

My 92 Loyale S/W has apparently developed a water leak that results in a half-cup of water (NOT coolant) spilling onto my left foot when I back out of the drive after a rainy or snowy night. Assuming a leak originating at the cowl, I see what appears to be drain holes punched into either corner of the cowl, but not sure if they are, or could the wiper pivot shaft be a source ? :-\ All suggestions as to what to look for are welcome and appreciated!

Thanks to both - the w/s was replaced this spring, so it might not have been sealed correctly. Nipper, I assume there ARE drain tubes connected to those holes at the cowl ends? Because the one on the driver's side next to the wiper pivot was obscured by mud and I only noticed it when I wiped the area clean.

Yes I am. The car does not have A/C, and the water is not a coolant leak.

They just drain into the fenders. They shold be open.

Also look under your doors, you will see drainn holes there too that shold be open. They get clogged with leaves.

nipper

yes, I have the wet drivers side floorboard issue... I have an 1981 Wagon. i've not tracked down the source of the leak

yet, and although I doesn't smell like coolant....it feels kinda oily...

However, I don't believe it's the heater coil since it only appears after a rain.. and I think the sound-dampening fabric material may contribute to the

funk and the oily feel to the 1/8 cup of liquid that accumulates after a rain.

I've not removed the cowl cover yet to check those drain holes that often clog... but I

can see what appears to be a drain in the outside corners of the cowl (and at the top of the door jamb; under the corner of the window).

Someone should take a pic of these drain locations; particularly at the bottom of the door.. is that in the middle of the door, or in the bottom corners, or...

Question: Can anyone explain how to properly remove the wiper arms, without breaking them? I've tried prying them up and off their shafts but I'm afraid I'm about the snap'em off when I do... Can't remove the Cowl Cover without those puppies coming off... this is why I've not checked for

the clogged drain holes.. :)

thanks in advance!

gadberry