Ultimate Subaru Message Board

93' legacy dash light are out........

Does anybody know how to replace the dash lights in my legacy?

i was quoted $180.......:eek:

sparky

Pretty good price at a dealer right?! Id do it real pain in the rump roast. On my last car got the dealer to do it, they did a awesome job. On my turbo sedan tried it. I have no clue how I even got out the whole plastic cover around the cluster. I must have bent it so far it was crazy.

Also try hitting the dash board they usually start working for a while.

Pretty good price at a dealer right?! Id do it real pain in the rump roast. On my last car got the dealer to do it, they did a awesome job. On my turbo sedan tried it. I have no clue how I even got out the whole plastic cover around the cluster. I must have bent it so far it was crazy.

Also try hitting the dash board they usually start working for a while.

the lights when out in sections over time....:rolleyes:. i am not going to tackle this

i'll come up missing parts and screws and just forget it...$180. it is..:banana:.

:lol:

It's not bad - pull the surround, then the cluster. It's like a 20 minute job. Minus sourcing the bulbs of course.

GD

wow your fast!!

Good choice. Nothing like drinking coffee while some other guy does your bulbs. How many Subaru guys does it take to replace a dash bulb. 2 one with the cash in hand one with the interest in replacing them in 20mins.

Despite what folks may say it's not bad at all. All the electrical connections can only fit one device, and there's only about a dozen screws total - most of which are interchangable. Only the one's on the top of the surround are specific.

$180 is a total a$$ pounding. Stop by my shop and I would replace them all for $100 or less. It's about and hour plus the cost of the bulbs start to finish.

GD

I've done a few - heater core on my 91 SS :rolleyes:. And a couple other's - replaced a '90 cluster a few weeks ago for a fellow member as his was actually causing shifting issues with his automatic. Bad cluster.

I've done a lot more than a few if you count EA81's and EA82's. They aren't all that different and actually the Legacy's are easier. Everything mostly snaps together. Hardest part is probably the speedo cable but it's much more accesible on the Legacy's. Just reach under the dash, grab and pull.

GD