Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ABS Light on After Engine Swap

Hello all. I've got a 97 Outback. I just completed an EJ 25 to Ej 22 swap. Thanks to all who posted info on this. Everything went great. Car runs great and passed CA smog without problems. Since the swap the ABS light has been on. Any suggestions? Thanks

Pull the code. Do some searching here, all the info and links to appropriate endwrench articles are already on this site. I pulled codes first time I needed to by doing that, no problems on a 97 legacy GT it was very easy.

Turned out to be a wheel sensor in my case, it was visibly warn down and they're easy to replace - one bolt holds them to the hub.

How much longer after the swap did it occur? i doubt it's swap related.

ABS codes are retrieved by jumping specific pins of an under-dash diagnostic connector to ground. The ground ''probes'' and connector, if they haven't been used before (or were returned to their original postion), are usually taped to a wiring harness to the right of the steering column. A search on this forum should turn up previous threads on the topic.

ABS codes are retrieved by jumping specific pins of an under-dash diagnostic connector to ground. The ground ''probes'' and connector, if they haven't been used before (or were returned to their original postion), are usually taped to a wiring harness to the right of the steering column. A search on this forum should turn up previous threads on the topic.

They can be fun to find.

I'd be willing to bet it's not swap related like GG suggested.

ABS prob's have been the most elusive for me.