Ultimate Subaru Message Board

newbie from Greensboro n.c.

HI ya'll, just found this forum when looking for info on head gasket issues and bleeding the cooling system. my present ride is a sick ( 290,000 mile) 1990 Subaru Legacy L wagon, 2.2 5 speed car. I use it to pull my trailer to carry my lawn mower and sometimes to tote my Helicopter.

I am also a Hard core old school biker,been riding since 1993,first bike was a 51 panhead chopper,current bike is a 81 sturgis custom. sadly got to sell the bike to get a new ride.

Got the hots for a Forester, drooling over a 2002 model with sun roof. what can I say I like wind in my hair. ( whats left of it..lol )

looks like alot of good info to be found here.

And yep I am a Subaru junkie, on my 5th one now. first one was a beat up old brat, that sold me on how tough a car they were.

Welcome. Lots of great info here on all Subies and most folks are helpful. We currently have an 83 wagon and an 86 Hatch - both EA81's as we refer the simplier engine. However Ken is planning on doing an EJ22 swap into his wagon probably in the next year. He has the engine and adapter plate just needs a few more items and the time.

Thanks for the Welcome guys, I have had several Subaru in the past, this one is my 5th. in a funny sad way I have a lot to learn as well unlike most cars I have had in the past, I just have not had to do much work to them.

right now I do have a head gasket issue and 4th gear in my transmission is gone.

lately I have been trying to sell my harley to get a Forester, man I want one of those badly.

they are calling for a good snow today and since my subie is already messing up I think I will take it out and play in the show this time.

Hi Mudduck, there is another good local Subaru forum that is real active in Charlotte ,let me now if you want the link. it is more of a club then just forum they have meets and partys. even a few auto X's

and then the guys on the Forester forum are really blowing my mind, like doing WRX swaps into foresters,I mean we are talking dash and seats and all, not just the engines.

I just found these other Subaru Forums a few months ago. and found this one when I did a google search on head gaskets issues.

for some reason I never got any e-mail alert to let me know I had these replys. glad I found them.

looks like a lot of great info to be found on here.

BTW I have even flown behind these engines in Gyrocopters,so you know I trust them.

Subaru--what to play in the snow with..lol

Hello to a another member that is close by. I'm not quite an hour away from G'boro. You mention another forum based for the Charlotte area, I'm assuming CCSC? I'm on there as well. There is also another NC forum that focuses on the Triad/Triangle areas and towards the coast, Flat4NC.com.