Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi all you lovely people.

Sorry if I did this the wrong way round. I did a search, first, but did not find the exact answer. I live in a backwater place in Scotland, and need some serious help.

I posted this to Josh, cos he seemed to have ideas about my problem.

There Josh,

I did the usual "search" for this problem. I am a long way from any Subaru garage / dealer. I have had weird , intermittent speedo probs.

Got CEL when it first happens. Then everything seems ok.

Next thing that happens , when I brake at a junction, the engine cuts out. It will re-start and continue. When I get to work, I can leave it running on idle, and it is ok.

It starts ok, and I know it could do with a new battery, but this is so so strange. Speedo stops working. Sometimes I get CEL.

When I get it goin again its fine. No problem with performance etc.

Just a bit worried.

ANY IDEAS ?? love john

Cant tell you a thing without knowing year, model, mileage, engine, and transmission.

nipper

C'Mon Man, You can read my profile?

its a Jap import 1995 Legacy Type R , at 80,000 Miles. New timing belts on collection from the dock.

I have had this for a few years now, but my son "in Law" Andy lives in Japan.

Check out his website . "Powervehicles.com" and all the driftin stuff that he does. check out his links.I may get you a cheap tour ??

My car is a magic example of Jap perfection, but , when it goes wrong , there is no-one near to help me. SNOW is building up now. I really need help. I just love this forum and I want to contribute to it.

Thanks for replying,

merry Xmas John