Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82, right 2 cyl's come and go?

What would make both right side cyl's intermittant? Could electronic ign module or pick up cause this? Spark looks weak to me.

Seems like something is gettin hot and breaking down. Has good compression, will run fine on 4, just keeps cutting the right 2 out at the same time.

Injectors are spraying. Plugs and wires are good. Cap and rotor button look fine.

Most of this is written up in my other post but it seems we're chasing more than one prob so I thought I'd try a new one. 85 gl10 waggon, ea82 auto, mpfi, front whl. only. Thanks to all in this community, my Son and I couldn't have gotten as far as we have without y'all, peace.

Edited by Mr Whiskey

Sorry, forgot that part, MPFI. We've pulled the plugs and cranked the car to check spark, looks yellow/orange, not good blue/white.

Car will start on left 2 cyls, then pick up the right 2 as it gets warmer, then drop them back out just going 'round the block. Thanks, peace.

Please forgive me, I expect I'm not doing this right, but as we get further into the diagnosis of this vehical I'm finding it necessary to start new post, as what I thought I knew changes.

Please don't hold it against us, my Son and I, we're new to this.

We appreciate all the valuable experiance here and are truly thankful for all who are tring to help. We hope you might read our newest post "No compression right front cyl/120 psi right rear " and continue to provide your insites and expertise. Thanks to all, peace.