Ultimate Subaru Message Board

87 gl10 turbo wagon

make sure the radiator is in good shape.

you have an ea82 turbo engine, mpfi.

automatic or stick? this determines what axles it has.

most other parts are compatible with other models, such as brakes, wheel bearings, alternator, etc.

how many miles?

you will want to know when the timing belts were last done. engine is non interference, so if it breaks a timing belt, there is no damage to the valves

thanks for the info.

its a stick with the push button awd i was told that the radiator should be replaced this summer comin up. and the timing belts are already replaced last year and it only has 165xxx miles on it. all it needs is a new headliner, back bumper, the front main seal, and the two belts i have no clue what the names of them are. alternator belt and the one next to it.

ill try and get pics up later today.

also wat kind of mods can i do to my car?

When you replace the radiator, make sure you buy a dual core. When I first bought Murphy, the $500 87 Turbo Wag a few years ago, I was having all sorts of issues with overheating. After blowing a head gasket (or two), i finally wised up and bought a dual core rad. have had no problem with overheating since.

And again, that engine bonnet is mighty pretty!

PS. Though I'm not English per-se, they all the engine bay a bonnet, so I just roll with it! :banana:

indeed. how do the eclipse subs sound in the back? did you expand the cargo box for additional box volume? or was there enough?

-Justin

the PO did it.. he said that its all fiber glassed and he didn't have to cut it. and they sound great i kind of wanna upgrade to a bigger amp and maybe 12's instead of 10's

When you replace the radiator, make sure you buy a dual core. When I first bought Murphy, the $500 87 Turbo Wag a few years ago, I was having all sorts of issues with overheating. After blowing a head gasket (or two), i finally wised up and bought a dual core rad. have had no problem with overheating since.

And again, that engine bonnet is mighty pretty!

PS. Though I'm not English per-se, they all the engine bay a bonnet, so I just roll with it! :banana:

thanks for the heads up on that.:)

the PO did it.. he said that its all fiber glassed and he didn't have to cut it. and they sound great i kind of wanna upgrade to a bigger amp and maybe 12's instead of 10's

don't think 2 12's would fit there.. least depth wise. that and usually 12"'s crave a lot more volume.. least the good ones :grin:. you might be able to cut into the body a bit and fab a new box. I've seen people do it on other cars.. Personally i don't like subs firing up from that position. it takes away from the cargo area and renders it pretty much useless.. even with a grille. IMHO of coarse!

-Justin

don't think 2 12's would fit there.. least depth wise. that and usually 12"'s crave a lot more volume.. least the good ones :grin:. you might be able to cut into the body a bit and fab a new box. I've seen people do it on other cars.. Personally i don't like subs firing up from that position. it takes away from the cargo area and renders it pretty much useless.. even with a grille. IMHO of coarse!

-Justin

i was told i might be able to run 2 kicker cvrs and a decent amp for them.