Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subie newbie, NC, USA

Hi all,

I got my first Subaru from my broter in law in August of '08. The 97 Outback Legacy was about to die of rust in Rochester NY and I brought it to NC to live longer. In August of '09 the '98 Outback Legacy his wife had blew a head gasket. Since the '97 had a newer engine and the '98 had a 6 month old rebuilt tranny, I got the '98 and swapped engines last week.

I've been mostly fixing my own cars since 1972. I had settled on Volvos until my relatives started giveing me their hand me down Subarus. I've decided since I'm not likely to wear them out, I might as well get used to them. So far I'm pretty impressed with the engineering and reliability.

I'm happy to be on this forum. I've looked up a few things and find it to be the kind of helpful community I have experienced in other topic areas. Thanks for being here. BTW, if you know how to get an oil pan off a Legacy, see my post in the Legacy to Current (?) forum.