Ultimate Subaru Message Board

driving awd brat with no power steering??

lumpycam

Hey Brian, This Brat is to be my shop truck.I got spoiled with the last one ,not really excited about driving a gutless suby anymore.Tell me about this last one you did? Next door to me (Rodger/Levi)? I hear of a large green wagon running in my territory, People locally ask me if its mine all the time. Later

Thanks SubaruTex, I was hoping someone with actual experience would help out.

P.S. anyone with experience on installing power steering on gen1 brat is welcome to add info . :)

yep, its rogers now....you should check her out.she was sexy.cheers, brian

Hey Brian, This Brat is to be my shop truck.I got spoiled with the last one ,not really excited about driving a gutless suby anymore.Tell me about this last one you did? Next door to me (Rodger/Levi)? I hear of a large green wagon running in my territory, People locally ask me if its mine all the time. Later

Thanks SubaruTex, I was hoping someone with actual experience would help out.

P.S. anyone with experience on installing power steering on gen1 brat is welcome to add info . :)

i run 195/50r15 on legacy rims under my brumby (EJ22 FT4wd DR) on XT6 hubs...i find its lighter to steer than when i was running the stock wheels an 175/70R13's....guy that did my wheel alignment said it was because my wheel track center was about 20mm wider than with the stock rims an hubs while the steering is still pivoting at the same point as it used to

Thanks for all the really good info everyone. It helped me decide that I don't need to mess with the manual steering. This will help with keeping the weight lower. I could even add power the other side of the steering wheel, Been awhile since I seen a Gym.:)