Ultimate Subaru Message Board

97 EJ22 Impreza ECU differences - could it be EGR?

97 Impreza shows 3 different ECU's for the EJ22 and it's not due to Auto verses manual trans.

22611-AC830

22611-AC831

22611-AD400

I'm wondering what the difference is and if this could be a "non-EGR" verses "EGR" difference?

Myself and at least one other member are in the search for the extremely elusive Automatic non-EGR ECU set up.

97 Impreza shows 3 different ECU's for the EJ22 and it's not due to Auto verses manual trans.

22611-AC830

22611-AC831

22611-AD400

I'm wondering what the difference is and if this could be a "non-EGR" verses "EGR" difference?

Myself and at least one other member are in the search for the extremely elusive Automatic non-EGR ECU set up.

The ECU I need can be either auto or 5 speed, it would be actually any EJ motor after 96 with NO EGR would work for me. And I think all non EGRs were standards. I guess teh one I need isn't that extreme, but I don't see to many motors 2.5 or 2.2 after 96 that are non EGR

I'll keep my eye out for one or two.

Larry

If you see a 95-98 legacy (legacy can be up to 99) or impreza automatic without EGR for $100 or less I'll take it for sure. I've only ever seen one, but maybe you'll get lucky? Probably take it if it's more than that too, but I'm not paying insurance prices "$500". :lol: