Ultimate Subaru Message Board

two questions brake drag and D/R tranny

1990 loyale wagon

My passenger side front brake is dragging/scraping. The sound goes away when I barely engage the e-brake. Way before the first click. Any ideas?

I bought a D/R 5mt for my 1990 loyale wagon. Is there anything easy I should do to it before I install it. Like seals or o-rings or anything like that? What about on the rear of the engine after I take the stock S/R tranny out?

1990 loyale wagon

My passenger side front brake is dragging/scraping. The sound goes away when I barely engage the e-brake. Way before the first click. Any ideas?

I bought a D/R 5mt for my 1990 loyale wagon. Is there anything easy I should do to it before I install it. Like seals or o-rings or anything like that? What about on the rear of the engine after I take the stock S/R tranny out?

i dunno about your brakes, but...

you could check the rear main seal of the engine for leakage. and if you have the engine out anyways, might as well check the cam/crank seals for leaks, timing belt condition, waterpump, etc etc we dont know how many miles on your engine so its hard to say where its at as far as maintenance goes, if its even on schedule etc.

you could also check the rear output seal on the tranny, when we did my d/r swap i had a leaky rear trans seal if you search, MilesFox and i have a thread with the napa part numbers for that seal, and the WRONG seal they tried to give me as well.

on the tranny, might be worth checkin the shifter linkage bushings too. probably easier to do with it out of the car.

look at me... talkin like i know some stuff! :):banana:

Edited by xbeerd