Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Post TMIC MAF

Txakura

During some serious reading and searching I saw the idea of the MAF mounted after an IC, this made some sense to me, but I didn't see anyone that had done it. It wasn't the direct target of my searching, but a side note.

Has anyone done it? Is there any advantage or disadvantage to it?

(stock ea82T, no mods planned beyond IC)

some one has done it on here cant find it tho. they said it helps with the bov to atmosphere cuz it wont bring air through the maf as its after the ic other wise it will run rich everytime you shift. you can run the maf before the ic and and just use a recirc bov back through the turbo intake .

this is a common thing to do when using either a blow off valve or a front mount intercooler. there is a post in the new USRM section about this.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=64741

i tried this on my subie, but the turbo exploded and a valve got broken before i got to drive it. having the MAF after the BOV allows you to vent it to the atmosphere since no additional air is passing thru the MAF.

it wouldn't hurt to try. if you do, post pictures, then document it; a concrete answer on this topic is yet to be proven.

on 02+ wrxes, this seems to work well.

During some serious reading and searching I saw the idea of the MAF mounted after an IC, this made some sense to me, but I didn't see anyone that had done it. It wasn't the direct target of my searching, but a side note.

Has anyone done it? Is there any advantage or disadvantage to it?

(stock ea82T, no mods planned beyond IC)

Pls, keep me in the loop on this one. I am planning on doing the same thing to my GL10. I just got an '02 stock WRX TMIC off CL today for $15... :banana:

Of course my water pump went out on Thursday so I am spending this weekend replacing the water pump, timing belts and all the seals on the front of the motor so it might be awhile before I get to it. This is my first go round with timing belts so we will see if I get it done before monday...

running blow-through MAF is pretty common. BUT, you have to be able to manually adjust your fuel trims. as the higher-pressure air will effect the sensor differently. It does mean that you can push more cfm through it before maxing out the sensor (another reason for doing it), but you have to be able to tune the ECU to compensate....