Ultimate Subaru Message Board

5 lug swap difficulty?

Thanks for the pics and info Kaz - any idea who might carry such components? What type of supplier am I looking for? All the auto-parts chains want to sell you an entire axle rather than just just the joints. I was thinking of calling Rockford CV when I have some axles apart to measure.

GD

There are many brands but none as good as the OE NTN, your best bet is to find some ej axles with the right spline count on the shaft (22 BTW) and knock the outers off usually anything marked 82 is the business.

I've used outers from GCK, GLO, Shibumi there are MANY manufacturers, If they manufacture a complete axle they usually have the Bell Joint (outer) seperately.

HTH

Kaz

Ive got some ej trans inner cup axles with outer ea81 head axles if somebody wants them. Reman'd with about 5K miles on them about 2 years in the car. PM if interested. I would certainly trade them toward some Superlite wheels plus cash, parts, and anything else I have in the stable to nab those but I think the 5 lug conversion makes them worthless to me.