Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Will it fit 99 impreza + 205/65 R15

I am soon in need of new tires. Currently I have 205/55R15 and speedo is off (100 km/h on GPS is about 108 km/h on speedo). It is a 1.6 MT stock impreza the rear springs have been replaced with stiffer ones to reduce the sagging from the propane installation in the boot.

It is very hard to find some what more off-road tires for an impreza. Most are for SUVs

Until now I found the:

Continental Conticrosscontact AT at size 205/65 R15 94T (T is 190 km/h but top speed I got was 174 km/h)

And the other I found was the Dunlop SP60 in the same size but 89s so lower load index and speed marking.

I have read that people manage to put General Grabber AT 215/75 R15 on a lifted impreza (forester struts) but with rubbing and modifications.

I have mudguards and do not want to remove them. Will the 205/65R15 fit without rubbing.

(standard should be 175/70R14 but those I do not have anymore)

Conticrosscontact AT

I am already loosing faith in finding any more off-road capable tyres fitting a standard impreza. Pirelli has some in their listing (scorpion ATR 205/60 R15) but they are nowhere to find.

I drive almost 80% normal asphalt but the remaining are gravel dirt roads.

I usually use snow tires as my off-road tires, and I've never had problems finding them in the smaller sizes for subarus -- good tread, but they usually don't have the sidewall rating of the more off-road tires if rock crawling is the use. But for dirt roads and even some mud, they aren't too bad. Alot of my offroading is in snow anyway....

They do wear down on the pavement though... softer rubber.

Z

I ran 205's and slightly rubbed on stock suspension, but on coilovers they didn't. I am running 225/50/16r:banana: and don't have rolled fenders, but I am using coilovers still, so I can't say about stock suspension.

Oh this is on a 94 Impreza wagon. Not that it matters.