Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2" lift on a Brat?

stan3535

Hi there,

I was told that SJRLIFT has any kit I need to do a lift on my Brat. I am looking to only raise it 2". I contacted SJRLift and unfortunatly their nlift kits start at 3".

Does anyone know where I can get a 2" kit or directions to do this?

Thanks tons!

Chris

There is a 2" block lift you can do.It just spaces the struts down.So it tends to eat axles.Unless you swap in the EA82 front suspension which has longer axles and control arms.

with the two inch lift you put a 2" piece of 1/4" thick tube in between the strut top and the body.Then you just crank the rear torsion bar up in the back.Its best to have the rear end off the ground when you crank the adjustment bolt up.

The bolt holes for the front blocks have to be offset 7* for every inch of lift with stock suspension or about 5* per inch of lift if you swap in the ea82 front suspension.

2" isn't even worth the effort on an EA81 - that's why no one really makes them. Go with the 3".

To effectively fit a 27" tire (the smallest traction tire you can really find) pretty much requires a 4" lift on the EA81's. To make it easy and not have to cut and bash out the fenders by a ton.

GD

I got a 2" lift and had a heck of a time fitting the rear struts on. For a 3" or 4" you just use a longer strut, but there really isn't one just two inches longer. I made my own mounts higher up in the rear well and fit ea82 rear struts in there. Not so Ideal for an off road rig as its a bit too stiff. I would go three inches at least, next time and for the rake, probably a 4/3 lift. It would look better.