Ultimate Subaru Message Board

OBW lift

Island Roo

I want to lift the OBW a couple inches, pis I have searched:

4055226919_16f4124f33_m.jpg

it captioned"forester, legacy, imprezza

does that mean it would lift if i and foresters in a obw? or differnet than stock legacys?

and what is an anti lift? and this part and where does it go?

CIMG7397.JPG

barring that what can I do to lift it a couple inches? thanks

i looked and only saw a 4" but i dont want to go that high
maybe he can build a 2", he has for other older gen models. pretty sure i bought some 2" lift kit parts from him for EJ model stuff, so he might be able too. i was piecing together something for an oddball subaru so i didn't get an entire "kit".

maybe he can build a 2", he has for other older gen models. pretty sure i bought some 2" lift kit parts from him for EJ model stuff, so he might be able too. i was piecing together something for an oddball subaru so i didn't get an entire "kit".

He will and can make a 2" lift. I just inquired about that. I was going to go with Jackson Rally's 1" lift, but then decided I wanted a little more lift and messaged him. He will do it though. BTW, I haVe a 99 OBS. If you go with Forrester suspension you will need to modify the rear... FYI

can you detail those differences, maybe even in this thread?

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=112390

Ya, let me look for the threads while doing research about it. I belieVe the info is on this site and rs25... just can't remember where. If I remember right the fronts bolt right in, but the rear tophats need to be modified because the bolts won't line up... if you want to go back to stock or a different setup some day you could always use the Forrester tophats and drill where the struts bolt into... I can't remember the name of that part of the car... but ya it's something like that. Plus I think there is something else, but I can't remember. Let me search around and I'll get back to you.

Ok wow brain fart FTL... I forgot dirtyimpreza.com has almost all the info. Anyways, if you decide to do the Forester Suspension swap to lift your Subaru keep this in mind...

Do forester struts just bolt right on to a GC impreza?

The fronts are a direct swap, but the front swaybar won't line up well. For the rears, you either need to swap your tophats(strut mounts) from your original struts to the Forester ones(requires spring compressors), or keep the stock Forester tophats and drill new holes in your strut mount tower. I did the latter, and it works great for me, especially if you want to go back to stock in the future.

And maybe this too...

Again, if I remember ready right the trailing arms are the same size on the forester and the impreza. Its the three bolt bracket that mounts the trailing arm to the body that is different. The forester bracket moves the trailing arm back therefore moving the wheel back.

When I remember where else on dirtyimpreza I read eVerything I'll post more.