Ultimate Subaru Message Board

new separator plate - no hardware

There are different screws for the new plate.

Here's what I just recently got.

Plate - 11831AA210 (1PC)

Bolts - 800406140 (5PCS)

Bolt - 800406150 (1PC)

The one separate bolt has thread locking compound on it. Not sure where that one is supposed to specifically go.

No, you can't use the countersunk screws from the plastic plate. The new plates should come as a "kit". The screws are separate, but they should show up with the parts listing as being required. There are 5 of one type and one oddball that uses the same thread and driver, but it's a different alloy, and has to go in the upper left corner by the arrow for some reason.

Hardware PN:

800406140 x5

800406150 x1

http://www.subarupartsforyou.com/cp_partdetail.php?partid=11566

You beat me to it! :D

Actually I just did one last night and I'm buying a bag full of bolts next time I'm at the hardware store. The bolts for the new metal plates are just regular metric threaded machine screws. I think 6x1.00 mm maybe? Just take one of the old ones to any hardware store and get a regular machine screw - that's all they are, they're not special like the old school tapered fit bolts. And the one screw that's a different part number is the same screw with red locktite on it.

Although it's not a structural part, the tapered bolts would probably hold it!? :grin:

Actually I just did one last night and I'm buying a bag full of bolts next time I'm at the hardware store. The bolts for the new metal plates are just regular metric threaded machine screws. I think 6x1.00 mm maybe? Just take one of the old ones to any hardware store and get a regular machine screw - that's all they are, they're not special like the old school tapered fit bolts. And the one screw that's a different part number is the same screw with red locktite on it.

Although it's not a structural part, the tapered bolts would probably hold it!? :grin:

that's the advise I was looking for - Thanks!!

You need to use loctite on the new bolts as some of them have the threads in the block open (they are not blind holes). Just use 242 (or 248 stick) on each of them.

That parts guy is an idiot. But you do have to order them seperately. A good dealership will stock a plate and screw set at all times - mine does.

GD