Ultimate Subaru Message Board

largest tire size on an ea81?

You can't get any bigger tires for the 13s. You would have to find some pug wheels or drill some 6 lug wheels to put bigger tires. But without a lift you can put about 27s under your car if your not afraid to do a little fender chopping:grin:

also, if you lift up your back seat there is a rubber plug directly in the middle of the floor pan... Remove this plug and there is a bolt in there(19 mm i think). Take an impact gun, or ratchet if you don't have one, and crank that bolt down. This will raise up your rear end about 2 inches.

Good luck,

Ryan

Ryan--

Thanks for the rear end suggestion. I will give it a try. I really do not want to "fender chop" as the car came from SoCal so it is quite clean and rust free. I thought maybe Subaru made 14" wagon wheels. I guess not. I will put as much rubber as possible on these 13" rims. Thanks...Alex

Yeah. Those soobie 14s are pretty hard to come by. I looked for a long time then came across some 6 lug wheel Im gonna drill in the near future.

I chopped my fenders just to make room for the bumper i built for it. Lol. And mine is rust free too. Wagons are pretty easy to find rust free ones. Ill Prolly Chop my fenders a little more to make room for the 31s i got for it:grin:

Do you plan on offroading your wagon?

I've got 185/80/13 on one of my brats. Les Schwab, Signet, Winterguard. "Les" said they were winter tires and would be hot in the summer, may not get the milage etc...but it's such a lite vehicle I get more miles on them then the warrenty. This makes between 23" and 24" total.