Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Good information :)

To the question by Twitch, I saw my observances as redirecting the intent of the origional post to something where I was displaying my guts about things. So the entire thing was smashed and deleted. That way it is less ...something. I wouldn't know any more about cutie car than anyone else here.

Edited by Fuzpile

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow. Reading this thread from beginning to end is...ridiculous. Some people... :rolleyes:

Anyway, back to the resurrected-from-half-a-year-ago subject... nice car/wheel combo. I really like those Imp wagons. I'm trying to find one for a project car.

As far as modifications go, are the wheels/tires the only thing you've done to the car thus far?

Wow. Reading this thread from beginning to end is...ridiculous. Some people... :rolleyes:

Anyway, back to the resurrected-from-half-a-year-ago subject... nice car/wheel combo. I really like those Imp wagons. I'm trying to find one for a project car.

As far as modifications go, are the wheels/tires the only thing you've done to the car thus far?

Its a good one, for sure. :)

No other modifications on the car. Some day :) I'm still planning on the rear sway bar, it just hasn't happened yet.

I might as well add the new wheels we put on my wife's Forester last week. I finally found a set of 17" wheels for her car. The original 16s just didn't fill out the wheel well. Wheels came off a 2006 Legacy wagon.

picture.php?albumid=17&pictureid=3032

Oooh I love love love the RS wheels! I love how simple they are. Simple and classic!
Agreed. With luck I should have a set on my Impreza shortly. I'll post the pic of that when I have them mounted and on the car.

• 4 weeks later...

picture.php?albumid=17&pictureid=3088

I put 320 miles on the new rims and Conti tires today. I'm really pleased with the Conti DWS tires that I purchased. They were rated very well by Tire Rack and the tread pattern looked aggressive enough that I thought I would like them.

So far I like them. Dry road travel is nice and quiet and they track very well. I went through a little rain, but not enough to see how they perform in the wet. The short section of gravel going up the Jerry's house was also handled well. It was a stretch for me to buy what I consider expensive tires, but so far these look like I'll like them for the duration.

Edited by edrach

Continental makes very good performance tires. But like any other performance oriented brand, they don't wear long. You'll probably be lucky to get 20k out of them driven aggressively.
Tread wear indication of 540 makes me think they'll last longer than 20K. In any event, I seldom buy tires with tread longevity in mind; it's way down on my list of what I buy tires for. That's why I never buy Michelins; it would drive me nuts to keep the same tires on the car for 80K or more.:)

• 2 weeks later...
What did you paint the wheel with?
Actually, I bought them from a guy in Spokane. They were already powder coated that color. Great deal for me, since I would have had to pay for powder coating them anyway since I think the original grey is a bit too ostentatious.

tooo pricey for me but nice!
Rally class wheels are always pricey, but this is the lowest I've seen.

I just spent 10 minutes googling for the original price of these, but couldn't find any listing that covered this model. Most of the raceline wheels now are 17" and up. Only raceline rally wheels I found were listings from 4 or 5 years ago.

Edited by edrach