Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2'' lifted wagons

Shagginwagon86'

Have been looking around and searching the board for a few pics of 2'' lifted ea82 wagons running a size 215/75/15r tire a/t or m/t's. Havnt found many if any that answer my question 100%. Want to see how much trimming is involved, and the stance, shoot me some pics. Was looking at hankock dynapro m/ts in 215/15r for a 2''

on a 2" i would say alot with 215/15r. 215/?/15s.......?

That's a negative. 215s should clear fairly easily. The body seam in the front wheel well will need to be hammered flat, and the fenders may need a slight trim, but, 2" lifted ea82s have cleared 235/75/15s and even 30s with alot of trimming. I had 28s on mine, and they cleared with only slight trimming. So, it can be done without much problem.

That's a negative. 215s should clear fairly easily. The body seam in the front wheel well will need to be hammered flat, and the fenders may need a slight trim, but, 2" lifted ea82s have cleared 235/75/15s and even 30s with alot of trimming. I had 28s on mine, and they cleared with only slight trimming. So, it can be done without much problem.

So in other words yes you have to "hammer" and cutt your fenders!

and to clear 235's.......... look a the picture above that says it all ^^^^

In all honesty, not many people up here have run that small of a tire on the 2" suspension lift. 215/75/15s should be about 27.5" or so. I had 28s on mine, and it took very little work to get them to clear. The body seam should always be the first to go, as it will tear the crap out of tires. Just lay it over flat with a hammer. Then work the front fenders over at the bottom rear with an angle grinder, and a slitting disk. Reangle the contour of the fender, but leave the bottom bolt hole intact. Lastly the rear fenders near the bottom of the back door, although I didn't have to do this with 28"s. You can work it over with a light sledge as needed. A 2" lift will, and has many times, cleared 30" tires. That requires "ALOT" of trimming.

Edited by 3eyedwagon

I have not had a 215/75/15 on my car, so I'm basing my opinion on my current set-up.

This is all on a 2" lifted EA82 wagon

A 215/75/15 is a 27.7" tall tire, and my car has a 205/75/15 which is a 27.1" tall tire. And to get them to fit on my Loyale wagon, I did have to do some trimming. But, not into the main shape of the arch, I trimmed about an inch (in width) and up about 6 or so inches, of each side of each arch.

Many of the cars here seem to have very half-assed cut fenders (no disrespect) because they are wheelers only. But when I cut mine I used a sawzall, then I grinded the edge smooth (with an angle grinder) and put some edge guard on it, just for added protection. This way, it looks completely factory and you cannot tell any metal has been cut. I went through all this effort because mine is a daily driver.

I hope this helps you

Bash - yours looks really good. And to the OP; if you are looking to roll your fenders (like Bash) I have a fender roller that specifically does that job, if you're local I'd be happy to let you use it.

But here's how I trimmed mine: (sorry for the crummy distorted pictures, I only have my phone with me)

o8i52f.jpg

rjk0sw.jpg

under the black pieces it is grinded and rolled flat (like Bash's)

Great job on those fenders Bash and Brysawn, Im going for the stock look aswell, and it seems ill be able to maintain that look with the lift tire combination that i had planned for. Thx for photos, helps me out aton! I didnt want to hack my fenders to ************, like the wheelers wagons out there hehe=)

I have not had a 215/75/15 on my car, so I'm basing my opinion on my current set-up.

This is all on a 2" lifted EA82 wagon

A 215/75/15 is a 27.7" tall tire, and my car has a 205/75/15 which is a 27.1" tall tire. And to get them to fit on my Loyale wagon, I did have to do some trimming. But, not into the main shape of the arch, I trimmed about an inch (in width) and up about 6 or so inches, of each side of each arch.

Many of the cars here seem to have very half-assed cut fenders (no disrespect) because they are wheelers only. But when I cut mine I used a sawzall, then I grinded the edge smooth (with an angle grinder) and put some edge guard on it, just for added protection. This way, it looks completely factory and you cannot tell any metal has been cut. I went through all this effort because mine is a daily driver.

I hope this helps you

can we see some pics?? i just lifted my loyale and am in the same boat as OP

RV

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15* on the front blocks (2 per strut). And yes, those tires are way too big, you need something around the 27-28" size

thanx, yea im in the process of convincing someone that they should cut me said blocks. i believe the ones i have are 12 degrees or so. my tires are 29" i hope to find some no larger than 27" as soon as i sell my 3.7 lsd.

RV