Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1990 loyale ea82T project, SCORE!!!

Yeah I wasn't planing on boosting higher I just read that they are good to have on the performance side of things... but maybe the recirc is better? I gotta lotta reading to do....

The purpose of either valve is to relieve the pressure on the turbo's intake impeller when you close the throttle. The sudden backpressure can cause a drastic slowdown of the turbo core, increasing lag when the throttle is reopened. (It also can cause some physical issues with the turbo.) The recirculation valve will route the intake flow back between the MAF and the turbine's impeller, keeping the metered-air mass within the system. (Non-MAF systems don't care and can use a simpler BOV.)

At the low flow/pressures of the stock system, there is not a lot of effect from closing the throttle.

Yeah I wasn't planing on boosting higher I just read that they are good to have on the performance side of things... but maybe the recirc is better? I gotta lotta reading to do....

-Nomad

ps,

Any wrx hood scoop around?

If you go over to Nasioc, specifically NWIC, check out the classifieds. There are usually some for sale. I would get a WRX IC that has all the parts to it, the y-pipe, recirc valve, etc. I can look to see if my old scoop is still good, if you want that one.

BOV are for ricers ;)

yeah all my friend have been telling me about BOV and they have hondas, but the recirc seems more typical for the stock system, as for the radiator, my car is auto:(, I think I may have grabbed the radiator from a 5 speed turbo then, I'm going to work on the project today so Im pretty sure by then I will know,

yeah that whould be uber if you could check the condition of that scoop if your not to busy....

-Nomad

yeah im lookin for the dual core rad but is getting pretty hard...has to be a auto as well so it as the little bung thingys as well, the one I grabbed is outta a 5 speed if a recall clearly:burnout:, haha but yeah.....going to the junk yard and out to the project car again today:banana:.....

-Nomad