Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I just picked this 1992 Subaru Legacy LS this weekend for $650 needing an alternator and a door (both of which I had) ! It has 220k on it but runs like a champ. It was named Spiffy by the P.O. so I have decided to keep the name. So far I have swapped on forester wheels, replaced the RR door, added a new stereo, replaced the alternator, break lines, and I added a weather/compass digital readout from a rs25! So far it's been a good project! I still need to fix the rear quarter from when it got hit and paint the door, along with replace the struts and exhaust. But so far I have no more money into it than the original purchase price due to a vast amount of parts cars :grin: Here are some pics!

11.jpg?t=1289179814

18.jpg?t=1289179814

12.jpg?t=1289179814

or use spray on truck bed coating!

That would work as well... I have some red ones so I will probably just paint them at the same time as the door, which looks hilarious with the black car! Fits in with all the other Vermont cars now! Hahaha!

haha I love that body lego, I had one and when I had to let it go, I kept my ss front end off of it, so one day, I can buy a lego wagon, and have that front end again. Man I miss the squishy comfy legacy goodness... Mine had 250 and ran like a champ. the auto trans died and I could not get the awd 5 speed swap done...

haha I love that body lego, I had one and when I had to let it go, I kept my ss front end off of it, so one day, I can buy a lego wagon, and have that front end again. Man I miss the squishy comfy legacy goodness... Mine had 250 and ran like a champ. the auto trans died and I could not get the awd 5 speed swap done...

I love the early lego too, my favorite by far! I was thinking about swapping this one, but i just don't have the time. Plus I had and SVX that I swapped and it was never quite right. Plus these, in my opinion, are one of the best auto transmissions out there with manual mode, and POWER mode! I love it when that green light comes on! Hahaha! If this one dies I have another one with 137k I can drop in! :lol: I love parts cars!

dangit, now i miss mine. :mad: driving the next gen after that, there are some nice aspects of it, but it's not a first gen, they are just...special. wouldnt trade my brighton, but i have a special place for wagaru 1:banana:

great looking wagon!

Tonight I swapped in OB seats, polished the headlights, changed all the fluids, had my dad fab up a cat back exhaust ( I know it's an auto but the old one was rather porous :lol: ) and I started on the door and rear quarter that needs attention (I only got black primer on tonight) Tomorrow I might swap in OB struts and finish the body work along with put some other goodies on, along with fix the sunroof, it leaks like crazy :mad:

4-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

Edited by 1982gl4