Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ea8t vacuums...

So rebuilt the whole darn engine, now I am so close. Piecing the thing back together on step at a time and I come to the vacuum line coming from canister heading over under the airflow turbo area. I anyone can go out and take off the air flow tube and take a quick picture it would be awesome. I know one goes to the pcv solenoid one goes to the air flow thing itself then i have two hoses (the big ones 1/2inch) that have no where to go...

Thanks.:-\

So rebuilt the whole darn engine, now I am so close. Piecing the thing back together on step at a time and I come to the vacuum line coming from canister heading over under the airflow turbo area. I anyone can go out and take off the air flow tube and take a quick picture it would be awesome. I know one goes to the pcv solenoid one goes to the air flow thing itself then i have two hoses (the big ones 1/2inch) that have no where to go...

Perhaps if you took a picture of what you have left to connect someone on here can tell you where it needs to be connected to.

There is no PCV solenoid. PCV is crank vent which is continuous.

There is an Evap solenoid. Controls collection burn off of evaporated gas from the fuel system.

There should be 3 tubes basically right above the thermostat housing that those connect to. 3 different sizes to match the 3 hoses you mentioned.

If you don't have those 3 tubes, then you lost some of your manifold pieces while you had it apart. You don't need to dismantle any of the intake to remove it, but if you had it appart for cleaning, or injector replacement then......

As stated, the forth, a large one, on the "left" side of the row when viewed with the tubes on the canister facing towards engine, goes to the small port on the intake boot.

I think I figured it all out. I replaced my intake manifold with one from a pull yard and put my throttle body and injectors on it. Some hoses were different. I think all should be good... but... if I mess those hoses would it prevent my engine from starting? turns over but no go... posting a new thread for help.