Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hydraulic clutch ???'s

2K4 STI

What's the easiest way , if there is to swap to a hydraulic clutch setup? I'm going to be using the WRX trans for my swap but am still confused about where and how to mount the clutch master cylinder.

Any advise is appreciated and as always pictures are awsome.

What's the easiest way , if there is to swap to a hydraulic clutch setup? I'm going to be using the WRX trans for my swap but am still confused about where and how to mount the clutch master cylinder.

Any advise is appreciated and as always pictures are awsome.

On my rotary Ea81, I plan to mount the master cyl. on the driver side frame rail forward of the firewall. A hole drilled in the clutch arm just above the dogleg should mount the clevis end of a lengthened rx7 clutch rod. All she needs then is a nice grommet to go through :)

Isaac

(I assume you looked and noticed there is absolutely no room in any other reasonable location except inside and remote reservoir)

in an EA82, just get a WRX pedal box. pull the 4 nuts off of the brake booster. pull your old pedal box out. drill 3 holes in your firewall. 2 for the bolt holes and one for the clutch master to go through. bolt it up and bleed it...

i have done it a couple of times. not bad at all.

here are some pictures of my old "RX" that i put an EJ20G into.

http://wordpress.suberdave.com/?page_id=110