Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Easy rule of thumb, if you start with 205/70-15 and go to a 215/65-15 it will be within 1/4 inch overall dia. and a little wider. An easy way to convert, is using the first 2 numbers you take the 205 and go to a 215 thats going up 1 size to the rule is to stay real close you have to take the second number down 1 which would be to the 65 series sidewall. Been selling tires for 15 years. Good luck

This may apply. I was in a situation with my legacy with standard tires. It was an abnormally backed up, left turn lane. There were all manner of honkers and i wouldn't cut them off. They were backed outside my memory and I just went a block further. The intersection there was tight yet with standard size tires the turning circle available to me was to turn and come back and save perhaps 5 minutes without po'ing anyone. FWIW (nuttin) a short based SUV followed me and disappeared as it had to back up and recover. It had huge tires with no purpose at this time.

in my case cost is no issue seeing as I have the tires already. Bought em for my Camaro when I was running 15s, but changed to 16s before I could use em.

And no, not worried about turning with larger tires, especiall seeing as the difference is so minor. Not sure when that might apply, maybe if running 275s....but nothings gonna make that much of a difference.