Ultimate Subaru Message Board

swapping gl-10 disks to loyale

4wdandme

There's this awesome thing on almost every internet discussion forum ever, called a search function.

Here at the USMB, we also have a thing called the USRM (Ultimate Subaru Repair Manual), in which users have submitted many many many writeups on maintaining and upgrading your subaru over the years.

an EA82->EA82 rear disc swap is one of the most commonly done, discussed, and documented mods done on old-gen subarus. with a tiny little bit of work, you'll find a TON of documentation and information on the swap.

I think the issue is that it is considered proper etiquette on pretty much every forum to read the FAQ's and use the search function before posting questions.

It helps you avoid this: :Flame:

Not using the FAQ/search is kind of like walking into a classroom, sitting down, and just starting to talk to everyone - while class is already in session. You'd be kicked out of that class pretty quick, no?

No, the search function is not perfect. But seriously, there's a thread in the USRM that was posted (actually, transferred to the new site, it's much older than that) 3 YEARS before you registered here, titled "Rear Disc Conversion on EA81 & EA82s". So don't try to tell me that my bitterness isn't justified. I'm not kidding that this is one of the most commonly done and documented upgrades on an EA series subaru. Don't believe me? Here's the search results for "disc swap" in thread titles only:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/search.php?searchid=1174784

Anyways, I'm not going into it. Like the picture says, arguments on the internet are like the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

And the cherry on top. Don't worry, anyone who chooses to continue to use that phrase or word (in that or similar context) deserves zero respect. ESPECIALLY from someone who's arguing.

There are very few sentences so apocalyptically offensive. I don't mind the occasional "that's retarded", "gay", or even "rice" comment. As in most contexts, those words have developed a separate meaning that really isn't offensive. But by specifically naming the special olympics, in a reference to people who should know better but choose not to act better, is INSANELY insulting to the handicapped people (and CHILDREN. Specifically the young down syndrome boy who has been photoshopped to look like he wet his pants in the picture you reference) who participate in the special olympics.

My cousin has down syndrome, and she is one of the most wonderful, kind, and loving people I've ever met. Our society would be much better off with more people like her, and less people like you.

Closing thread.

1. New users: Please try to use the search function. If you did please mention that you did but came up with further questions.

2. Veteran Users: Flaming a new user for not using search is a current but new infraction here. If you don't want to help by:

1. Answering the question.

2. Pointing them to a thread that has the info they want.

Then just hit the back button and go read something else. I will award infraction points for this.

Everyone: Name calling, offensive language, being a jerk....

Again, infraction points will be awarded.

Get enough points you can earn yourself a real time out or a permanent ban. We are here to learn, help others, and "play well with others"

There are plenty of places you can go post and be a tool and treat people poorly.