Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New Bumper Interest?

sube101

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

anyone still into this thread? i know its kinda old.

i would DEFINATELY be into some mandrel bent stuff.

nobody mentioned rollbars??

something with wraparound protection in the rear would be good. like an extra 2x2 extending to the back of the rear wheelwell?

rocksliders?

a really slick, but not real heavy, front bumper that ties into the frame in a few places.

p.s. im aware that some of these pics are from mebers. i hope they dont take offense to me using them. i just felt they best illustrated my point.

also, the wheel well box, i can make those. somewhat off the subject of this thread, but yea. let me know. i havent tried diamond plate yet. no promises

this thread is still going. i have ran into a snag with prototyping. my boss moved a machine into my welding area that is being rebuilt. so i havent had space for it. as far as roll bars i could do them but thats something i need to see one so i can match the factory bolt patterns alot of the bumpers will look similar to the one in my avatar. ill be puting mounts on so that a stinger can be bolted on later. and as of right now i have 3 cars i can do prototypes for. 1st gen brat 2nd gen brat and an 87 wagon. havent been able to find more people to let me use their cars for it. due to the fact its their daily driver.

• 5 months later...

he forgot to mention that the bumper was SPECIFICALLY designed to hold compressed air. so you can air down your tires for the trail, and always have a source of compressed air anywhere you go. very handy. ive seen bumpers like this, with the air tanks built in, go for over 600 dollars. 400 used. that was for a mild steel bumper with some cheap black spraypaint. not sexy rump roast stainless that will easily polish up, but unlike chrome, will not look like crap if it dents. chrome flakes, scratches, etc...

stainless is HOT. i wanted it but funds are tight.

Yeah, I'd be interested for that price. Even more interested if you gave us a discount on front and back bumpers. :clap:

Like it was mentioned earlier, 1st gen outbacks and outback sports are very similar. put me on the list for an outback sport.