Ultimate Subaru Message Board

suspension bolts?

Uberoo

What are the size of the bolts for most if not all of the suspension-body bolts on an 83 wagon?I just got all the steel for my lift, So im looking forward to start taking it apart to get some height on it.I would like to have all the holes in the blocks drilled and the bolts ready before I start..

8" lift...Then I will join the blocks together and build a subframe for the nissan transfer-case to mount to.

BTW I will be using the factory bolts to hold the blocks to the body,then some other bolts to hold the suspension pieces to the blocks.

12mmx1.25 thread.

This thread is the lesser common pitch you will find at hdwe stores, and finding them more than 2 inches long can be tricky.

It's the same thread as the lug nuts and wheel studs.

I built a lift with blocks using the body bolts to mount the lift to the body, and leftover suspension bolts from parts subarus and lugnusts to bolt the suspension to the lift blocks.

12mmx1.25 thread.

This thread is the lesser common pitch you will find at hdwe stores, and finding them more than 2 inches long can be tricky.

It's the same thread as the lug nuts and wheel studs.

I built a lift with blocks using the body bolts to mount the lift to the body, and leftover suspension bolts from parts subarus and lugnusts to bolt the suspension to the lift blocks.

can people use their own heads anymore , or are we simply regurgatators?

There are So many "smart" people here.........so glad their willing to help younger or less knowledgable people ...instead you may as well just make them feel like complete idiots. Arrogant jerks

Maybe you should go back, and read the 58,671,289 posts made by this person about other incredibly simple crap. Then you'd have a fricking clue what you are talking about. All of this information is available elsewhere. The easiest way I can think would be to:

1: Get of your can, and walk outside

2: Grab some tools

3: Pull one of the damn bolts

4: Get a tape measure

5: Find the answer!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Be careful. Tape measures are standard, and the bolts are metric. This may even require a little conversion work. OMG!!! My brain is killing me!!!!

If common sense problem solving like this is what you consider "smart", then yes; Monstaru, I, and many others are ROCKET SCIENTISTS. You should drop to the ground in utter amazement, and praise us for the fact that we allow you to breath our air.

This thread should be deleted just to free up space. It literally isn't worth anything.

Edited by 3eyedwagon

The internet makes this sort of thing instantly available, among other things, for the current generation.:banana: This is why there is Google, and Wiki-Pedia. But for these people, Google and Wiki-pedia have always been around, and is the first resort.

The internet makes this sort of thing instantly available, among other things, for the current generation.:banana: This is why there is Google, and Wiki-Pedia. But for these people, Google and Wiki-pedia have always been around, and is the first resort.

Miles,

If you're really 31, and I'm 27; we aren't that old. There shouldn't be that drastic of a common sense drop.

It only works because people will continue to feed them like baby birds.

The "current generation" of the 60s had the luxury of the telephone throughout their entire lives, but, do you think men like Mickey Thompson, Craig Breedlove, or Gene Winfield called Ford, GM, or AMC when they needed to know what size bolt was holding the control arm on a Mustang, the valve covers on an AMC 390, orthe door handles in a 49 Merc. I'm betting they probably just went, and looked.

I guess the caliber of the work should make the difference of skill, and character fairly obvious though.:-p;)

What are the size of the bolts for most if not all of the suspension-body bolts on an 83 wagon?I just got all the steel for my lift, So im looking forward to start taking it apart to get some height on it.I would like to have all the holes in the blocks drilled and the bolts ready before I start..

8" lift...Then I will join the blocks together and build a subframe for the nissan transfer-case to mount to.

BTW I will be using the factory bolts to hold the blocks to the body,then some other bolts to hold the suspension pieces to the blocks.

12mm x 1.25 -30mm bolts for the radius rods, tranny mount and rear torsion tube, will need 10 with nuts as the rear torsion tube uses longer bolts so keep them on the tube and use the 30mm on the body

10mm x 1.25 -30mm bolts for the front struts, front engine crossmember and the mustache bar , will also need 12

I have all bolts and nuts in stock if you want to buy from me, PM me if you like Scott

Oh, my gosh! I am trying to be the voice of reason!!!

This has gotten a little out of hand.

The OP (who, BTW, has not participated in any of this other than the initial, innocuous but perhaps not well considered, query) probably should have just pulled a bolt and either measured it of had it measured; direct, accurate and low-resource-usage. I think that was what Monstaru was suggesting.

Miles also responded, giving what is almost certainly accurate info and useful advice.

After that, it might have been best left alone. Yes, this was not a well considered thread. However, probably no good was/is/will be served by airing this out in such a limited forum. For it then to degrade into a generational issue borders on silly.

The OP's question has been answered, and advice has been given for future problem resolution. Perhaps we should leave it at that. :)

Considering the past threads is what I have the problem with, especially considering the recent concerns over space wasting. I'm calling it ridiculous, because it is, and has been for a LONG time. Call me crazy, but, possessing the car with the needed information contained on it should eliminate the need for these kinds of posts, let alone MANY MANY MANY like it. Maybe I said it too harshly for your likings, but, that's just how I talk to people that show this many instances of outright laziness.

Maybe I'll just start reporting ridiculous threads to mods instead, and ask that they be removed for being a waste of space. That'll probably help save the feelings of those reading this, as it's obvious that the OP will never show any signs of stopping posting these threads

I have little problem with your words. (I take none of it personally.) It is just that, rationally, there is no point or purpose to it. The Op's question was answered, probably less than 5 new people will view this thread in the future, and we are arguing a moot point pretty much only amongst ourselves.

Neophytes will always act like neophytes, because, by definition, they do not know any better. I think it is more effective to help people to think for themselves rather than smack them up the side of their head and tell them that they are stupid. (At least, this seems to work better with my students.) Sometimes helping means to let them fall flat on their face. Some will repeatedly fall. Some will never learn, and getting mad at them does no real good.

I'm glad to hear that you take none of this personally. I understand your point about none of this making sense, rationally. I agree completely with your statement about the ignorant not knowing any better. However, I take issue (nothing personal, just pointing out) with your statement about helping the people to think for themselves. If you go back, and read my posts over the last 3+ years in the OPs various threads; you will easily see that I, and many others, have tried to do exactly that. It has slowly tapered to this state. I promise you it didn't happen over night. There have been many attempts made, first nicely, to help educate, and get the proverbial engine started. Check up on it, and see how they were all responded too.

Finally, I can promise you, I'm not mad at all. I type all of this just laughing, and shrugging. Many people find my posts to be mean at times. Anyone who has met me will tell you that, in person, I am just a blunt individual. Alot of it is dead pan, and laughing at myself as much as the person catching my crap flipping. I will give you the shirt off my back until you show me that you don't deserve it, and my answers/responses will often be sharp edged, although never critical unless I thnk it's what you need to hear. I guess it's just one of those things that doesn't translate well over the internets.:rolleyes:

:burnout:

Although someone can look up the info, pull a bolt, or go here and ask, it doesn't hurt to answer if you immediately know the question. And, really, it shouldn't hurt to ask.

My comments about generation was not targeted at the original poster, but just a general observation of mine, since i know a lot of folks 5-10 yrs younger than my self, and the generation gaps are narrower. My comment has relevancy for the mere fact that a question was posted on an internet forum, which i answered:-p