Ultimate Subaru Message Board

92 loyale wheel bearings, help me

Sometimes they can get really rusted on there. I had to deal with this a month or so ago. I sprayed some wd40 on the axle splines and used a copper and hammer to finally bang the drum off. Don't stay in one place too long, keep moving or rotating the drum till it works free. If it's anything like what I dealt with you will probably be hammering on it a while, then decide it's never gonna work, then keep hammering just for the heck of it, and it will finally move. DON'T bang on the drum without a copper or equivalent!

Someone else may have a better solution, but this was the best I could think of. Good luck!

Sometimes they can get really rusted on there. I had to deal with this a month or so ago. I sprayed some wd40 on the axle splines and used a copper and hammer to finally bang the drum off. Don't stay in one place too long, keep moving or rotating the drum till it works free. If it's anything like what I dealt with you will probably be hammering on it a while, then decide it's never gonna work, then keep hammering just for the heck of it, and it will finally move. DON'T bang on the drum without a copper or equivalent!

Someone else may have a better solution, but this was the best I could think of. Good luck!

Yea I have done that same thing, I used a wood block since that all I had.

Not to point out the obvious, but you did take off the Castle nut first?

Cheers and let us know how it goes,

-Tom

It could be the brake shoes hanging it up. There is an adjuster, look for it, or pull off the other side to see how it works

It is hard, but not impossible to go in the brake adjuster slot and back off the brake. You might need 2 tools, one to push the arm out, and the other to rotate the adjuster wheel. It is supposed to go only one way, so you have to push the arm off the wheel, then back off the wheel. Worht a try, if you have any motion on the spline at all.

Rob.