Ultimate Subaru Message Board

front differential gear oil & tranny fluid

I've searched and can't find exactly what I'm looking for.Anyway,I'm putting a 4eat tranny from a Legacy into a '95 Impreza.What weight gear oil do you guys recommend for the differential and what ATF fluid do you think is best for the tranny?I'm wanting to do this up right and not goof anything up so I thought I better ask.

a search would have brought that up.

if you look at the very bottom left of the screen right now you'll see a similar threads area which has the info you ask in the first suggestion.

80w-90 gear oil.

standard red dexron IV ATF.

I didn't notice the bottom left of the screen.I've tried the search and about 3/4 the time my computer scren goes to a white screen telling me to refresh the page.My computer sucks,lol.

my computer scren goes to a white screen telling me to refresh the page.My computer sucks,lol.

So does mine... I've been seeing that white screen a lot lately too!:Flame:

I just used 75-90 synthetic in my Diff. And Castrol Multi Import ATF.

Edited by Legback

I didn't notice the bottom left of the screen.I've tried the search and about 3/4 the time my computer scren goes to a white screen telling me to refresh the page.My computer sucks,lol.

Its not your computer it was the server. This is fixed now.

Well I got the tranny in the car(except for a few bolts,it was late last night so figure I'll finish up tomorrow) After that all I have to do is put the new gear oil and transmission fluid in and see how the car runs now.I bought the car with a bad tranny so I've never really driven it yet,other than onto a car trailer.