Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A shot in the dark... lift and tire question

General Grabber AT2's... I want these tires! Only problem is I'Ve searched and I get a bunch of different answers... "yes they will"... "no they won't"... "yes they will." The thing I haVe noticed with all the threads is that the strut spring perch will get in the way. As the car sits right now...

99 Subaru Impreza OBS

-Paranoid Fabrications 1/2 Saggy Butt Spacer (Rear)

-Paranoid Fabrications 1/4 Spacer (Front)

-1" Jackson Rally Lift Kit

-King Lift Springs

-ProdriVe WR Bilstein Struts

-91-94 Turbo Legacy Wheels

-Hankook iPikes 205/60/15

The lift is bout a 1.5-2" high.

Is there any way to squeeze 205/75/15 General Grabber AT2's on the car? Or eVan a 225/70/15? Or is 215/65/16's going to be my best shot? OEM size for that year and model is a 205/60/15. Any idea guys? I'm thinking 16" wheels with a 48 offset and 205/65/16's, but I don't want to order them and then haVe them not fit.

Any other suggestions? I'm looking for an aggressiVe off-road tread and could care less about how it rides and/or how loud it is. If it rubs on hard turn in so be it... I just want a little more ground clearance and a more aggresiVe look.

Thanx

Jonny

Go get a set of 96 - 99 Legacy Outback struts and the tires will clear the spring perches. I think Forester struts will work as well but I'm not 100% on that. Stock LegO tires are 205 70 15, and plenty of people run 215 70 or 205 75s with no rubbing. Some run larger with mods to the wheel well. try looking for info in the Offroad forum. I bought a lift kit from a member who was running larger tires than that on his OBS. I don't recall the actual size but I'm pretty sure I remember him saying they were 29" overall height. And that was just with LegO struts IIRC.

Edited by Fairtax4me

Stock LegO tires are 205 70 15, and plenty of people run 215 70 or 205 75s with no rubbing.

By Lego you mean Leggy tires? I don''t really want to change out the struts to tell you the honest truth (not because of the effort, but because of how stiff they are). They're perfect for rallycross and daily driVing. I don't like the "boat" feeling...:rolleyes: