Ultimate Subaru Message Board

where do you buy?? XT6

hey guys

were working on a plan down here in aus to get better contol over the suspesnion when lifting an EA82 wagon problem is the drive shafts will become too small so we need longer ones and then we have a pickle

apparently the XT6 front driveshafts are longer than any other available with the same splines other than getting customs and yeah too much work.

next problem is we never got the Xt6s here so we only know of one set of those driveshafts around and theyre in a im[ported XT6.

can you buy new Xt6 shafts from the states?

Even in the states I'm having issues finding XT6 axles that aren't going to cost me my first born child. I'm going to be pulling some out of mine in favor of some suspension upgrades so I'll have a set of them. The boots are either torn or starting to tear I can't quite remember what. If the price is right I might be convinced to ship them down to you.....

maybe interested coob

ill get back to you on that later

really were looking for brand new shafts

here i can get brand new/reconditioned shafts with new cvs and boots for my wagon. i was wondering if anyone other there did the same sort of thing

your best bet is MWE axles - $90 for XT6 axles and they're better than anything else you're going to get on the open market except for Subaru$$$$$$$$.

read all the issues with new axles from folks doing a lot, and not merely anecdotal amounts, of subaru's and you'll see a pattern - buying aftermarket axles is a waste of time. i finally realized this after quite a few vibrating, clicking, leaking grease, and even completely exploded "New" axles. I no longer waste my time - i get good Subaru axles and reboot them or (as more common with XT6's since they're harder to find), MWE.

MWE -%100 success rate, well worth the effort and cash.

i've never gotten into swapping parts - but can you use another axle - like an EJ or EA and install XT6 CV's on the end? i think you've looked into that before right? if that's the case maybe MWE would ship you just the parts you need to build the axle you want.

Edited by grossgary

I think it may be possible to use an impreza or legacy(libery) axle and change out the inner bearing seal on the knuckle to the impreza seal. I think this is a Numbchux discovery. correct me if i'm wrong.

yeah weve looked into them and its possible but more work we want to get them as a package and just throw them to somone

also im not sure about the spline count.

or we might try and get one sent over, just the shafts and see if somone here can copy them