Ultimate Subaru Message Board

PCV Hose

my PCV hoses are all made of 5/8" radiator hose....

just make sure when you make the lines that you don't have any point that can act as a 'u-trap' that can fill up with oil then when you stand on the throttle...

sudden mass smokage shouldn't harm anything...BUT will always happen at the worst possible moment:lol:....my'n happend when i had a police car on my rear bumper as i took off from an intersection...trying to remain inconspicuous FAIL!!!

I started a similar thread about a year ago.

I replaced mine with a regular hose and as a result failed a smog test. They want emission hoses only! Automotive stores do not carry emission hoses that size (5/8''). The only option I found was dealer.

Good luck,

Sam

I started a similar thread about a year ago.

I replaced mine with a regular hose and as a result failed a smog test. They want emission hoses only! Automotive stores do not carry emission hoses that size (5/8''). The only option I found was dealer.

Good luck,

Sam

Raditator hose is meant to resist gycol, not oil and fuel. It WILL rott and start seeping oil within 1-3 years.

Carquest...and lot's of others have 5/8ths evap hose.

Sometimes the clerks are too dumb to find it. Gotta say Evap hose

In a pinch Fuel line or Trans cooler line is a better option......though you;ll need to go to a Truck Service shop to find it that big:rolleyes:)