Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i have a 1994 subaru impreza with a ej18 in it atm. and it has an oil leak ive been trying to find it, and have replaced many gaskets in the process including the valve cover gasket and the oil pan gasket, and although both those gaskets needed replaced, they did not stop the leak, made it leak less yea, but it still leaks, i looked under the car and noticed that it looked like the oil was coming out of the bottom of the timing cover, i could be wrong, but i was wondering if there was anything behind that timing cover that could possibly leak oil, also, the oil is somehow running all the way down the oilpan onto the cross member and onto the y bend on the exhaust where it then starts to smoke, which is one of the real reasons i want to fix the leak. im eventually going to put some lucas stop leak in it but i would like to try and fix the leak before i do that. thats like a last resort kind of thing. im stumpped i have no idea where it could be leaking from, although i know there is probably a number of places that it could be leaking from, ill take some pics so you can see from my point of view, ill post them in a little while, thanks guys

Don't put that stop leak crap. Sounds like the oil pump is probably leaking that's what I found in 2 occasions I have never found cam or crank seals leaking to be honest. Even on a 90 legacy.

There is one o ring on the oil pump that I found to be bad in 2 cases other cases were the rear oil seperator plate even the aluminum ones but I replaced both covers with updated steel plates with new screws.

Always used just ultra grey to seal everything.