Ultimate Subaru Message Board

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Official Meet Up plans:

Hayden Super 1 Parking lot at 10am on Sunday June 19th.

We'll be leaving shortly thereafter, don't be late.

We'll be trying to stay quiet, so as to not attract excess attention to

ourselves, so any hoonery will be shunned and looked down upon.

That is, until we hit the road that wraps around Hayden lake ;)

Maniacal driving will be tolerated when we hit that road, but it will need to be contained, as there are houses and residencies in the area.

We don't want the cops being called.

Save the extreme crazies for the dirt/mud.

4WD makes those curvy roads more fun ;)

Now Da rulez:

No explosives minus guns, no shooting at people with anything more than a

paintball gun/airsoft gun, and if somebody doesn't wants to be shot, LEAVE'M

ALONE.

No booze. No flasks, no bottles, no cognito bottles, no cans, and yes, I

reserve the right to sniff any bottles, cans, drinking containers that you may

bring.

If I sense any alcohol, ANY alcohol, you will be requested to put it away

immediately. If you are under 21, you will be marched out IMMEDIATELY and

requested not to return. You can mature a year and attend next time. If

you're a repeat offender, you will be marched out of the party and requested

not to return. You can attend next time.

I will not be tolerating any alcohol, this is a dry event.

Drinking and driving don't mix, EVER.

If you smoke, please, be kind a keep it to a centralized area and collect your

butts and dispose of them.

We'll let our cars do the polluting ;)

Remember the forest rule, pack it in, pack it out.

Keep fires small, lets not light the forest on fire.

We'll have shovels and buckets and I know I'll have a hatchet, so the

Rangers shouldn't have any issues with small fires.

Remember, there will be other people out there, so we'll need to keep that in

mind when driving around.

We don't need any accidents.

I don't have a functioning 2 way radio, but if we have CB's I have a couple

hand held CB's, but don't have batteries for them :-\

They take like 10 AA batteries a piece O_o

I'm currently digging up some power adapters.

I'll try to get enough batteries collected together before the event.

Bring walkie talkies if you have them. If you don't: bring batteries. lol. I'll let you borrow one of mine. Although for the most part there is cell reception up there... at least my phone was alright. As Twitch said, there are other people up there... thus the point of walkie talkies... if you're going to drift - know for SURE that its clear around the corner. Keep someone ahead of you. Look out for each other.

Also - tow straps and chains are advisable. Especially if it keeps raining. The mud out there might look harmless but some of it could end up trying to kidnap you!

If anyone has any suggestions, please mention them and I will edit this post

as necessary.

Twitch

Edited by Twitch de la Brat
Details

To add:

Bring walkie talkies if you have them. If you don't: bring batteries. lol. I'll let you borrow one of mine. Although for the most part there is cell reception up there... at least my phone was alright. As Twitch said, there are other people up there... thus the point of walkie talkies... if you're going to drift - know for SURE that its clear around the corner. Keep someone ahead of you. Look out for each other.

Also - tow straps and chains are advisable. Especially if it keeps raining. The mud out there might look harmless but some of it could end up trying to kidnap you!

I'm sure we'll add more as time progresses. :rolleyes:

Is there any doubt in anyones minds this is a 'dry' event? No Alcohol...

Guns means safety. Means no Alcohol.

I only mention that because I'm the person who originally brought up Alcohol. One of you mentioned back then that bringing alcohol might keep some people away and even though it's agreed we're not it's a shame that the mere mention of it has done that. Sorry.

-----

Anyways. Looks like I won't be able to get up there till about 3 or 4 in the afternoon. Busy weekend at work. EDIT: Looks like it won't be happening for me this weekend, just got a revised work schedule and I'm probably on the clock till 9pm. DARN!!!!

Twitch can you pm me a map or something so if I can get out there I can still meet up with you guys.

I've just popped on new tie rods and I'm sure the suspension isn't up for rallying but it'd be fun to drive out and camp still.

Edited by classicchic
Change of plans...

ahhhhhh im hating my car it wont accelerate idk what to do to it....anyone in spokane area wanna help me make it run before the trip .......please

I'll be going through Spokane on my way to Hayden. I'm willing to stop and take a quick look at your car depending on where you live, but I won't have much time for fiddling with it. PM me your address.

None of my CB radios are in usable condition at the moment, but I have 4 walkie talkies, and it sounds like thats what others have got so I think thats a good way to go.

This is gonna be awesome! I can't wait!

so my mom is going camping...if i dont have my car running tomorrow can i drive up in her car park and ride with someone if they dont mind...i really want to meet some other subby owners and see what modifications you all have done and learn a thing or 2

I keep forgetting what I wanted to add until now!! If you need gas I highly reccomend you wait until you hit CDA. A couple days ago I saw gas at $3.64 at Govt Way and Ironwood Ave. Also I went up there again yesterday and found better campsite with more spaces for tents. Its a little difficult to get to but I think we can manage. oh yeah and...

SEE YA'LL TOMORROW!!! :banana:

I hate to post wh*re but this needs to be added.

Twitch touched on smoking and picking up after yourself... lets not set the forest on fire. Also. we know how old you are. If you're underaged and try to smoke (cigarettes or otherwise) - you will be asked to leave. So just don't. Illegal drugs of any sort are not acceptable. But I know everyone is smarter than that so lets just have fun! :D

PS Anyone know how to play the guitar?

Edited by GirlWithALegacy