Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Pass required to use public land in washington?!

Zefy

kinda surprised that I'm the one posting this but I can't seem to find very much info about it.

Friend told me that if i want to go wheelin in washington i need to now purchase a couple of passes. Or face up to 100 dollar ticket. Anybody heard about this? I know it's hard to get caught when you're in the middle of nowhere. (similar to going on hyrdo land here i'm assuming...?)

only reference i bothered to find.

http://offroadhub.com/2011/03/trails-access/blue-ribbon-coalition/washington/

discuss...?

At Evens Creek you have to buy a pass but like at walker you just have to have Valid tabs on your rig or if you are on a bike you have to have ORV tags.......................

Jeff

don't fool yourself jeff.Walker is a DNR site.you WILL need it .the Northwest forest pass is for forest service land.(evans, naches, manastash)....it sucks , because they are making it a money issue, but without it they could shut these places down.

its a double edge sword.they took our moneys that was originally funding these sites basically,(certain taxes, and such) but now they want to charge us more to use them.......oh well, guess you have to pay to play.

cheers, b

here are all of the gory details

http://www.discoverpass.wa.gov/

Edited by monstaru

yeah, terrain parks around me are 20$ per person per day. Gotta pay for the passengers, at the same price, and they are on DNR land that is leased to them, and the state has grants for these places for creation, so they are just big private money makers around here.

• 2 weeks later...
yeah, terrain parks around me are 20$ per person per day. Gotta pay for the passengers, at the same price, and they are on DNR land that is leased to them, and the state has grants for these places for creation, so they are just big private money makers around here.

I'm so glad to live in the West... you guys have it rough out there. Hell, you don't even have real mountains! Poor souls...