Ultimate Subaru Message Board

NGK plugs Resistor or Nonresistor

I have a 1980 EA81 wagon and I just orederd a set of NGK plug wires for her. But upon searching for NGK plugs im unsure of what are the best for it. Im running MSD coil and want to get the most out of my system. Some are Resistor style and others are not what ones should I order?

I think he is looking on info for plug wires, not the plugs themselves.

Personally i do not know the answer to your question, I had to put resistor wires/caps on my 81 Kawasaki gpz. but for cars

hopefully someone else will chime in here.

I ended up just buying the ngk plugs that carquest had and were for the car. Im sure they will be fine I was just unsure what the difference between the resistor vs non resistor plugs were. New ngk wires are shipping in tuesday.

Well I went to install my new plugs and wires today only to find that the plug wire going from the coil to the ditsy was to short :-\ Im debating on just building a braket to move the coil a bit closer so the wire will reach. Is there any issues that I may have by doing this? (aside from looks) I Orderd NGK pt# RC-FE27 Stk # 9350 anyone know if this was the right one for an 1980 EA81 she is lifted 4"