Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need Headgasket Changed

kevin, i'll do it if you can get it here and i've got a long time frame. too far for me to tow right now....and the last one of yours i towed scared the NUTS out of me :lol:. j/k.

Thanks Gary! I'll continue to find a way to get it towed. Once I do, I'll give you a holler. You know I'm never one to rush anything so take all the time you need for the headgasket changes. You have always been fair with me and I know it'd be in good hands. Heck, the car is not even mine yet but if I can't get it towed and a competent mechanic, it's a wrap (I'm incompetent! :lol: and you way WAAAY over competent).

Sorry for the last tow. :grin: At least Scrappy was running perfect before going to rust heaven. If I get this one, it's name will be Scrappy II (Name pending change).

81EA81, your point is taken my friend. It is just that I had a beautiful relationship with my previous EA82T RX turbo. I really had no problems with it. Just focused on a good tune-up. Made sure there were no coolant issues. Installed an intercooler to be sure there was no hot air getting in. And I sent out the fuel injectors (which were bad, particularly 1 & 3 as has been on all my older subarus). No problems! I was just about to turn up the boost on it before it rusted to death. Got good power out of it with the mods that were done. It was beautiful!

Edited by Myxalplyx

you want Subaru or Fel-Pro Permatorque headgaskets? I have always used the Fel Pro PT's for EA82 and EA82T's and quite a few others here have as well.

timing belt kit (only $80 at most i think on ebay) and water pump (i would)?

complete reseal - cam, crank, oil pump, valve covers, etc?

complete valve job?

delta cams?

you want Subaru or Fel-Pro Permatorque headgaskets? I have always used the Fel Pro PT's for EA82 and EA82T's and quite a few others here have as well.

complete valve job?

delta cams?

Good Lord, come stay at my place when you finish that one up would ya?

complete valve job?

delta cams?

I'd use what you suggest. Valve job? Delta Cams? Damn..u serious! U know me...I'd go all the way. Gotta get it towed first. The answer is yes to all though.

awesome, i figured that's what you wanted, just making sure. better said than assumed. we'll email more specifics later.

so you're going to try to get it towed to WV then?

in the coming days, weeks, or months?

does it move on it's own power at least or is it completely dead?

engine is supposed to be otherwise in decent shape?

how's the rust?

awesome, i figured that's what you wanted, just making sure. better said than assumed. we'll email more specifics later.

so you're going to try to get it towed to WV then?

in the coming days, weeks, or months?

does it move on it's own power at least or is it completely dead?

engine is supposed to be otherwise in decent shape?

how's the rust?

1) It moves on its own power. Engine starts up and runs. Just overheats from time to time. You are able to see coolant mixed in with the oil,

2) Engine is supposed to be in decent shape otherwise. I could not tell anything unusual,

3) No rust that I could see!

I'm trying to see if I can find someone...anyone that is willing to tow it for a fee. Towing to WV....yeah, I'd do it. Sooner than later but I'm patient. The owner is just trying to get rid of it since he has other cars.

Here are a couple of pictures I took of it.

scrappyii001.jpg

scrappyii002.jpg

scrappyii006.jpg