Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey, so my radio (aftermarket) has been squirrelly since i installed it, and the old aftermarket one that came with the car was also squirrelly. Meaning it shuts off randomly. I could deal with the occasional shut off, however now it won't turn on at all. Weird thing is, the cd ejec t mechanism still works (it whirs when I press the eject button), so I know the radios gettimn some power. Any ideas on where to start ? I checked the power line where ts soldered in the harness, and it looks fine.

Thanks so much!

If your radio is a high rated wattage output to the speakers, there is a possibility that the radio is over heating, and these radios produce quite a bit of heat. I found that to be true after burning up several radios in a VW I owned. It was such a tight fit into the dash, that there was no way for the radio to dissipate heat. I tried installing a cooling fan at the back of the radio. It helped some, but my fan installation job kept coming apart.