Ultimate Subaru Message Board

rack, shocks and struts, muffler needs fixed (got leak and rattle), accelerating has dead spot, check engine light on had it fixed now its on again, and when its half tank and under going around corners it kinda stops like the gas is not getting to or through the lines. dont know if any of this makes since these are my observations lived with mechanics my who life but they never had the time to teach, now im stuck. needing help....

so any clues?

rack

Just about any of the Legacy racks will work typically.

, shocks and struts,

Just about all the shocks and struts you can find used will be bad - especially the rear's - better to get some KYB GR-2's for it.

muffler needs fixed (got leak and rattle)

Pretty much all the 95 to 99 Muffler's are the same.

, accelerating has dead spot, check engine light on had it fixed now its on again

Have to read the code(s) and go from there.

, and when its half tank and under going around corners it kinda stops like the gas is not getting to or through the lines.

Sounds like the mesh screen/pickup tube on the bottom of the fuel pump is missing or has fallen off. I would pull the pump/sending unit assembly and inspect that first - seen that happen a time or two.

dont know if any of this makes since these are my observations lived with mechanics my who life but they never had the time to teach, now im stuck. needing help....

so any clues?

If you want to bring it by I'm down in West Linn - about 45 minutes south of Vancouver - about 6 miles from where 205 joins back into 5. PM me if you want to stop in.

GD

GD said exactly what i would say. if you can get it to him that would be great.

used strut assemblies sometimes are a good fit since they're super easy to replace - 3 12mm nuts up top and 2 bolts at the bottom and out it comes once the abs and brake brackets are disconnected. they can be had for $25-$35, not bad for how quickly and easily they can be installed by yourself with no spring compressors. easy job.

replacing just the struts isn't quite as easy or desirable for some folks.

i would start with drivability issues first - fixing cars/spending money on it gets much better as the thing becomes more tolerable and reliable to drive.

Yeah trying to do the not expensive way single mom and looking for work lol story of my life. And i will deff. take GD on his offer just i dont drive in OR so i have no clue as to where im going i know how to get to Jazen beach and thats bout it.

And the other thing i found out is the ground wire for the fuel is not connected properly and everything on the car is still stock........ gggrrrrrr..... I feel helpless sorry bout this guys...