Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '83 GL Wagon Project finally made Cars101!

Thats a good lookin car you have there that body does not look like it has 204k on it. I wish my 80 was that straight. I also like how you cut the front fenders at a tapper looks like it was made that way. I have been debating on the ej swap but unfortunetly living in an apartment really hold that project up. haha :D

• 4 months later...

I lost the reground cam on the HP EA81 rebuild at about 5k miles last November:( I just finished the EJ22 swap in to this car (guess I should have done that to start with) and it ROCKS:grin: Thanks to GD, SJR, and everyone on this site for all the info on how to do it. It has SO MUCH more power now:eek:

I know this is an old post but had to reply as I recognize the location where the pictures were taken!!

I got my first full time job at that station right out of High School when it was Westgate Chevron, back when service stations provided full service at the pumps.

I remember one time, right where your car is parked, one of the senior mechanics was helping me out with a carb issue on my 1970 Ford LTD wagon. He was over there by himself when suddenly we hear this big explosion. We all go WTF and then He comes staggering around the corner in a deafened daze with his face covered in black soot. After we realized he was OK we all about peed our pants laughing ourselves silly. It was just like something out of a movie.

Good times. Thanks for the memory and belated congrats on the selection.