Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Vehicle Posture Adjustment

Huh, what?

I love old owner's manuals, just got one for my 84 GL, and it goes into such detail. Tells me how to adjust valves... It's just crazy.

BUT - do I really have vehicle posture adjustments? This seems extremely useful to me, as I had been thinking of seeing if I could juuuust squeeze a titch more clearance out of Sadie...

Thoughts?

:drunk:

The 'posture adjustment' instructions should be in your owners manual too. I've not done the procedure yet, so I hesitate to describe the where/how but I'm pretty sure I've seen it in my Owners Manual.

I'll double-check my Factory service manual tonight too.

On an EA81 the front adjusters are on the strut.look in your wheel well and it will be right above your tire. 2 nuts per strut, 21 mm head. turn them equally one turn at a time.I believe it gives about an inch of extra clearance

for the rear theres only one bolt. wagons lift the back seat and remove the center rubber plug you will see a bolt on the torsion bar right in the middle.

Brat simply crawl under. Plenty of room under there

and yes it is in the owners manual