Ultimate Subaru Message Board

twin carb 83 rx coupe

Welcome!

The Twin carb engine has a Different Design on its Heads: the Valves are in opposite position than the Single carb engine and other Things... so I kindly suggest you to Try to Keep it all Complete.

The Best thing I've seen done to that Twin carb setups is to Swap a Couple of 32/36 Weber carbs instead of the hitachi crap carbs.

It will be nice to post Pictures of your Subie.

Kind Regards.

The Weber 32/36 is the same, the only difference is the Choke: DGEV = Electric Choke, the DGAV = Water Choke, and so.

For the EA81 engine the Conversion kit is the K-730 from Redline-Weber.

I Obtained my K-731 Kit (For EA82) Redline-Weber that included the 32/36 Weber carburetor Already Jetted for Subaru, plus the Adaptor Plates and Air Filter Box with element, everything Brand new, Here:

Your 1983 Twin carb engine should be the EA81, or is the EA71? ... I am Not Sure if the EA81 twin carb Shares the Carburetor's Base Size with the EA71 Twin Carb... So maybe you'll need another adaptor plate.

The Best way to do Cheap a Twin Weber carbs Setup on your engine, is obtaining Used 32/36 Webers and their adaptors... maybe thru e-Bay.

Kind Regards.