Ultimate Subaru Message Board

just another pipe dream. or not?..

AKghandi

. take the front hub/knuckle assy. off a geo tracker and put it on a loyale with a d/r you would need custom c/vs and like impreaza struts but if my thinking is correct you would end up with locking hubs in the front.. and also the rear axle would swap pretty easy too it would be the gear ratios that would be kinda pricey.. ive crawled under both vehicles and i gotta say it looks like it would work.. i how ever have not the time place or money to tackle something like that, but it would be cool to see someone else do it.. if i figurerd right it should be mostly bolt on aside from a lil welding and minor fab work. then you would have a solid rear axle front, rear or 4wheel drive subaru with a rear e brake and 5 by 5.5 lug patern.. and air locker options..like 6 birds with one stone. (srry about the typing my laptop is all kinds of messed up..) if no one gets to this before next summer i migght end up doing it would be sweet..

it looks like if you bolted the tracker lower ball joint to the subaru control arm you could just bolt the tracker hub/knuckle up with like impreaza struts. then have a set of subaru inner tracker outer c/vs made plumb the breaks and away you go.. in theory anyways

Edited by AKghandi

the rear is 3 link and i bet the 2 outer links would bolt up to the subaru stock locations the 3rd link would need brackets made. and the rear struts would also need brackets made. the drive shaft i bet would bolt up.. looks really close. the hard part would be the gear ratios. but i bet getting those made wouldnt be too hard.

and if it was done correctly the regular subaru lift kits would still work. ive put all this together in my head. just from what ive seen and how the 2 vehicles work. i bet you could do the same thing with toyota parts.. and i know that one of the older land crusers uses 3.70 ratios plus a rear air locker?? cmon.

Subaru trans front diff is open. So when you attach your custom axles to the Subaru trans, you still only got one axle turning and the other not.

Your first thread post does not say what you were going to attach the custom made axles to...I assume the subaru trans,...which is open. how you gonna have front locker?

crack open the case and weld up the front diff. ha ha

you could do that if you had hubs that could disengage. because obviously you couldnt turn other wise ha ha.

exaclty just weld the front diff. and drive it in rwd..or leave out the rear axle swap and just have a lsd in the rear

had one. it was gutless. and the heat sucked. but it was alot of fun. very rugged mine had the lsd in the rear so it went everywhere. but it wouldnt do 65 in 4x4 with a tail wind. my gl-10 will drift doin 65.. with enough snow and some baldish tires lol..so i wanna combine the 2. maybe with an ej25 idk yet.. i wanna go non turbo tho. it'll see some water. these are all just dreams till next sumer tho;)

• 2 weeks later...