Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Justy is technically an old-gen car. Transverse FWD 3 cylinder. NOT a swift/metro. It's a seperate FHI product.

Hard to find parts for.

They have a flawed oil pump design and tend to throw rods if the oil pump isn't replaced every 100 to 150k or so. Typically not a long-lived engine due to that. Every time I hear about a Justy someone has obtained it's gone through like 3 to 6 engines in recent memory :lol:.

GD

155,000 mi 5 speed, white, front wheel drive, good points ? bad points ? or things that are common problems ,yes basic car ,

Sounds like you haven't checked it out in person. If you do, listen for rod knock. I own an '88 and really like the car, but I rebuilt the engine.

I would not bother with a non-4WD Justy. In my opinion the 4WD is the only reason to buy a Justy. Without 4WD, I would go for a subcompact from a different make.

The Justy is a reliable car if the engine is in good condition and you pay attention to maintenance. The design life of the engine seems to be around 150K, after that you should plan on just rebuilding it instead of trying to fix it part by part. If you are not into working on cars, then the Justy is probably not a good fit. If you are into working on cars, the engine is really simple.

Expect 32-38 mpg with a good '93 FWD Justy.